CGC Covid and Dress Code
Childwall Golf Club takes the safety of its members and guests most seriously. Please do not come to the course if you have symptoms of Covid-19. More information about symptoms is available from nhs.uk and / or 111.
All members and visitors are asked to abide by the Social Distancing and Course Safety rules necessitated by the Covid Pandemic as set out by the Childwall Golf Club C19 Committee, which include:
- Observe and follow all signage
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your tee time. If you are early, stay in your car.
- Try to park in alternate parking spaces if possible
- Change your shoes and prepare your clubs and trolley in the car park
- Register / check in at the Pro shop when you arrive - for Track and Trace reasons.
- No more than two golfers can be in the Pro shop at one time.
- Only contactless payments will be taken. No cash can change hands.
- The practice putting green is open for a short warm up before you play
- The driving nets may be used - but do not touch the metal frames and use only your own balls.
- Head to the first tee no more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.
- Tee off on time.
- When playing, do not touch the flagsticks - all holes have foam fillings to the correct depth.
- Repair bunkers with your foot or club after your shot - all bunker rakes have been removed.
- Take home all rubbish and waste - all ball washers and bins have been removed or covered.
- Do not touch your playing partner's equipment.
- Avoid handshakes, high fives and exchanging money.
- Observe Social Distancing at all times - especially if your 4 ball meets another 4 ball (only 6 can meet)
- Green's Staff have priority at all times - give way if necessary.
- The Clubhouse toilets are open for use after your round. The rest of the Clubhouse is closed.
- When you have finished playing please head back to your car and leave the car park as soon as possible.
- Enjoy your game on our magnificent course.
Please Respect our Dress Code
This Code sets out the Club's dress standards in accordance with Bye-law 4. It applies to all members, their guests and visitors. It does not apply to private functions.
The overriding principle is that members ensure they, their guests, and visitors respect what is acceptable to the Club and maintain a satisfactory standard of dress, both in the clubhouse and on the course.
If any person feels that they need to approach another person about a possible breach of the above standards, this should done in a diplomatic, friendly and non-confrontational manner, befitting the values of Childwall Golf Club.
The Club fully embraces all aspects of equality, and any differences below reflect accepted norms of differences in attire, whilst seeking to ensure that acceptable standards are maintained.
On the Course
All golfers are required to wear smart recognised golf apparel and proper golf shoes.
The following provisos apply:
- Gents' shirts must be collared and not worn outside the waistband;
- Shorts must be tailored and worn with white ankle or calf length socks.
In the Clubhouse
The accepted standard throughout the Clubhouse is smart casual wear or clean dry golf wear. Clean golf shoes may be worn only in the Spike Bar. For certain functions or events where the dress code differs, this will be clearly indicated in advance of the occasion.
On the evening of a function where the dress code is more formal, smart casual wear is restricted to the Spike Bar after 7.00pm.
The Club regards certain items of apparel as unacceptable, and these include:
- Sportswear, other than for golf, eg rugby or football shirts, tracksuits, trainers;
- In the Clubhouse, outdoor clothing, such as waterproofs, anoraks, caps;
- Any form of denim or ripped, frayed or "distressed" clothing;
- Collarless tee shirts and beachwear;
- Cargo shorts and trousers;
- Gents must not wear any form of open toed footwear.
Car Park - Rule Suspended for Covid (see above)
Golfers must not change into golf attire or golf shoes in the Car Park. There are adequate changing facilities in the locker rooms.